U.S. SUPREME COURT
- 1963 (376 US) to 1999 (530 US)
- 2003 – Present: Available to NYLI staff through Bloomberg Law: (Docket Sheets: Briefs and Exhibits)
U.S. COURT OF APPEALS
- 506 F. 2d (1974) – 930 F. 2d (1996) 2nd Circuit only on Microfiche
- 1997 – Present: Available to NYLI staff through Bloomberg Law: (Docket Sheets: Briefs and Exhibits)
NEW YORK COURT OF APPEALS
- 23 NY (1863) – 264 NY (1934): Electronic access through LLMC-Digital
- 265 NY (1935) – 309 NY (1955): Microfilm
- 1 NY2d (1956) – 4 NY3d (2005): Microfiche
NEW YORK SUPREME COURT, APPELLATE DIVISION – All Departments
- 261 AD (1941) – 37 AD2d (1971): Electronic access through LLMC-Digital
- 38 AD2d (1972) – December 2015; Microfiche
- Selected cases 2016 - 2019; Microfiche
Online access to some briefs (on a case-by-case basis) for the Supreme Court, the 2nd Circuit, the New York Court of Appeals and the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division courts may be available through our Bloomberg Law subscription (ask staff).
Selected briefs in cases before the Appellate Division, 2nd Department, starting in 2004, are available from the court website directly.
Starting in December 2011, the New York Law Institute worked in cooperation with the Law Library Microform Consortium (LLMC) and Google to make historical New York Court of Appeals records and briefs available online through LLMC-Digital. Selected records and briefs for cases decided between 1863 and 1935 are currently available.